Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Coffee Machine

Here is the thing. I kept putting off buying a coffee machine because I felt like I was wasting money. The cheapest coffee machines are around $20. Buying coffee and coffee filters would probably cost $20 for 50 cups of coffee. $40 for 50 cups of coffee now and then $20 for 50 cups of coffee in the future. What a smart idea, am I right?

But for some reason, the fact that I had to buy those two additional items and go through the hassle of packing my own coffee made me stop myself from buying a coffee machine, even though I was buying coffee for $5 per cup at Starbucks or a local coffee shop almost every day.

Do you guys see the problem here? The thing is I can be so irrational about my finances sometimes when I am doing a perfectly great job with other aspects of my finances. I noticed that it is challenging to do everything perfect with personal finances because there are so many different aspects to it. If one was to write a book about personal finance, then the book would have to be divided into so many different chapters. Therefore I decided that it was okay for me to take some time and make slow progress along the way. That it was okay for me to make mistakes like this as long as I learned from them and I made progress.

The good news is that I finally got a coffee machine! For $5! (I got it from a Black Friday deal and I am sending my rebate out today). I guess all the wait and my indecisiveness on which coffee machine to get kind of paid off, haha.

If you guys are struggling with your finances and too harsh on yourself for making financial mistakes, please remember that we were never taught this in school and that we are all just starting off. Cheers to all of us who are making improvements!

No comments:

Post a Comment