Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Investing Your Future (Scholarship)

It seems like there is a race between students trying to graduate before tuition costs are increased and schools trying to raise tuition before students graduate.

Being in professional grad school equates to not having many scholarship options. That's what I thought before I started my program. One of the reasons why I chose to go to my school was that it had a good scholarship program, which was unheard of, especially for my major.

Luckily, the scholarship that I have been receiving is a four-year scholarship, with the requirements being that I keep my GPA above a certain number. On top of that, our program has scholarships that they give out to students who are in need (aka taking student loans out). With those two scholarships, it adds up. Since I'm taking out student loans and I don't physically see the money, sometimes I don't even feel like I get them. But when I calculate how much help I'm getting or when I purchase a laptop with that money, I'm immensely grateful. I hope to be the one giving to others in the very near future.

In order to help you guys get the most help you need, I made a scholarship checklist. This is my way of giving back to others for now. It has a list of places where you can look for scholarships for free (yes, please be careful about some websites out there) and I got this information from this website: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/grants-scholarships/finding-scholarships, which is the FAFSA website, which is reliable. Left is the preview to the checklist.

Please use this very simple checklist I made to plan your scholarship process, and cheers to getting your education and working towards your future!

No comments:

Post a Comment