Thursday, March 15, 2018

Receipt Journal Update (1 week later)

It has been over a week since I started my receipt journal. Not going to lie, even a simple thing like gluing your receipts on a notebook was hard to keep up with. There were days I forgot to do so and had to do two days worth of receipts. 56 more days to go (takes 66 days to build a habit) to be comfortable with this.

Warning: my handwriting and organization skills are not the best in the world. But here is a photo of my journal.
 
Excuse me for all the blurred out parts. I don't want to give out any private information and I am super paranoid about that kind of stuff so I had to do what made me feel comfortable. 

So as you can see it's simple. This is the first step towards my financial independence. This is it! My daily journal. I didn't include how much money I have left in my bank account either (more like I forgot to), which seems a bit stupid now that I think about it (I will include this from now).  

Then I organize this into an excel every Saturday. Like this:
Wow, I spent a lot of money this past week (sad all over again). I will work on reducing my shopping money. 

Now, the excel spreadsheet provides several pre-made templates on budgeting, so feel free to use them. I wanted to start my own and customize it later.  

It feels like I have a long way ahead of me, but hey, I've already taken the first step. Cheers to everyone and let's buckle down on the buck!

No comments:

Post a Comment