Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Scholarships To Do List




Hello, I'm back again with a scholarship post. I realized that the last worksheet I posted for scholarship searching was not enough for those of you guys who are actually applying for them. So, I made another worksheet where you can write down the names, websites, deadlines, and things to prepare for for scholarships, which will help you keep track of what to do. All my scholarship applications were due on April 1st so I hope this is not too late for you guys!

Also, here are some tips I have for scholarship applications:
1. When searching, look at the criteria. You might be eligible or not depending on your qualifications. There is no need to waste your time on the ones that you don't qualify for.

2. If it asks for a letter of recommendation, please ask your teachers, advisors, employer, or whoever you are going to ask ahead of time. I usually like asking 2 months before the deadline, and then remind them 1 month before, 1 week before, and 1 day before (try not to do too many times cause they can get irritated). They are doing this favor for you by taking a chunk out of their own time, so it is nice to give them enough time to prepare the letter for you (I also always get a thank you gift afterwards).

3. Check your grammar. I'm going to be honest, I'm not so great at this either. Because I know this, I always ask someone to double check for me. I mean, out of all these people who are asking for money, would you want to give it to someone who cares enough to check over their grammar or someone who doesn't?

4. Be creative with your writing style! This is not your traditional English class where you have to follow a certain style. I usually find that integrating pathos into my scholarship applications helped me get them. Pathos is using emotion as a way to connect to your audience. I feel the most connected to content creators when I can understand their emotions, so I figured it would work well for other things as well.

I know my tips were pretty basic and kind of common sense but I hope they help you guys. Anyways cheers to free money for your expensive education and to stepping up our game!

E-mail: bchoisg1@gmail.com
Youtube: BreezyChoice
Instagram: breezychoice1

No comments:

Post a Comment