Thursday, May 31, 2018

Making small changes

Hello, all. Hope today is going well for you guys.

I have made a few changes the past two days since I was in shock with the amount of loans I had. Also, I read an article about crazy things people did in order to pay off debt on makingsenseofcents.com (https://www.makingsenseofcents.com/2018/05/strategies-to-pay-off-debt.html). After reading this article, I realized how little effort I was putting in towards my finances. I was inspired.

One thing I started doing was to reduce the number of times I was going out to cafes for my study sessions. My friend and I started going to different coffee shops every weekday in order to work on our projects ever since summer started. However, I decided that I have enough Korean instant coffee sticks at home, so I cleaned out my table to have my own work space. I'm virtually saving around $5 everyday (not including the lunch money I would spend since we would stay out for the entire day).

Another thing was actively searching and reading successful and established financial blogs. Somehow, I did not know where to start looking for these blogs, so I started listening to a podcast called Optimal Finance Daily. This is a podcast that narrates successful financial bloggers' posts everyday from Monday to Friday. By listening to this, I was able to not only learn about cool personal financial facts but also discovered many financial bloggers that were out there. So now, I'm in the process of reading their posts to learn about other ways to increase my income.

Well, that's it for today. I feel like this post is mostly a report on what I've been doing today (like a diary) but the real reason for this blog is to track down my personal finances so that I can be more comfortable with these types of posts from now on. Cheers to me who's always trying to improve and you guys who are working hard to improve your financial situations!

No comments:

Post a Comment