Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Student Loan

So... I finally signed into my fedloan servicing account. HAHAHA. Joke's on me, talking about personal finance when I didn't even know how much I owe.

Right now, I currently have an auto loan and student loans. Since I am responsible for making payments for my car at the moment, I am well aware of my situation with that. However, for my student loans, I have been putting them off because I was too scared to know. I don't know what it was back then (even a few weeks ago), and a part of me didn't want to check because I felt like I would be too stressed out about something that I can't pay off at the moment. But recently, something changed. I decided that if I'm going to take my personal finances seriously, that I need to face the facts, and I did.

As of right now, my student loan is $116,625.85😵 . And I have one more year to go till I graduate! OH HO HO. Now that I checked my debt amount, I'm surprised about how not-stressed out I am about this. I'm in shock, yes, but not stressed out.

This puts everything in a different perspective. I've been slacking off lately with my money and this number really makes me think about what situation I'm in and how much effort I need to put in. In one of the posts, I mentioned that my goal was to pay my student loans off by 2021.

Okay, I CAN DO THIS. I believe in myself. I have 4 years to go now, and I will make this work. I'm going to brainstorm tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment